Choose thehotel for a holiday in Madrid it will make you forget the troubles of everyday life and will project you into a dimension of relaxation and fun. True, with so many facilities to choose from, the company might be a bit tiring, but the wide choice guarantees you can find exactly what is right for you.
There are so many hotel in Madrid, ranging from guesthouses (hostals) to international chains, passing through boutique hotels, hotels in historic buildings, guesthouses and hostels with private rooms.
The good news is that Madrid is cheaper than other European capitals, so you can find great quality hotels without breaking the bank. If, on the other hand, you are traveling for a special occasion, or want to pamper yourself with an important gift, choose one of the very luxurious 4 or 5 star hotels in the city, with exceptional panoramic views and top-level service; many have spas and wellness centers.
To make your choice easier, we have selected some of the best hotels in Madrid dividing them by type of traveler: whether you are traveling as a couple or as a family, whether you are looking for extreme luxury or a low cost solution, we have found the right hotel for you! Book now to not miss the best offers.
Family hotel in Madrid
A traveling family needs comfort: children get tired quickly and have special needs that must be respected; it is also true, however, that parents are also on vacation and are entitled to a well-deserved rest!
The best choice for a family is generally a mid-range hotel, which offers all the useful services but does not cost an exaggeration, or a holiday apartment, which will make you feel at home.
Il center it is an excellent choice because it allows you to move easily, even on foot, which is particularly important because children generally do not like traveling. Instead, we do not recommend trendy areas such as Malasana and Chueca, which are more suitable for an adult audience.
Recommended accommodations for families
- B&B Hotel Madrid Centro Fuencarral 52: three-star hotel housed in a recently renovated nineteenth-century building, it is a perfect solution for families looking for a compromise between price and comfort. Located in a pedestrian street in the center, it allows you to move easily and quickly reach all the main tourist attractions of the city. The terrace on the top floor is splendid where you can relax and enjoy a breathtaking view of Madrid.
- Room Mate Laura: 3-star hotel with a contemporary design created by interior designer Tomás Alia, it is recommended for families for its convenient location and cleanliness; moreover all the rooms have a kitchenette, which can be very useful in case of hunger emergency of your children.
- Urban Vida Calatrava: brightly colored lofts and deluxe apartments furnished in a modern style, with plenty of space for the whole family and convenient services that will make your holiday life easier, such as free parking, lift and dishwasher. Some apartments have a balcony with a nice view over the city.
Hotel for couples in Madrid
A city as elegant and exuberant as Madrid is ideal for a romantic weekend for two, but if you have the opportunity, we recommend that you stay longer.
There are many ideas to fill your days with activities as a newlywed on honeymoon: you could rent a rowboat on the lake of the Retiro Park, visit the Museum of Romanticism (yes, it exists!) Or attend a flamenco show, the most passionate dance par excellence… but where to sleep?
Many Madrid hotels are an ideal location for a romantic getaway, whether for breathtaking city views, sophisticated décor, the presence of a swimming pool or spa, or extravagant details that might pique a couple's curiosity. And a hotel with these characteristics may not cost you an arm and a leg: in Madrid there are romantic hotels for all budgets!
As for the areas, many couples prefer to stay in the center, the preferred choice for most tourists; also recommended Lavapies e Las Huertas, two historic districts, and the refined Opera district. The best area to look for a hotel gay-friendly instead it is La Chueca.
Recommended accommodation for couples
- Hostal Central Palace Madrid: the only hotel located in Plaza de Oriente, in front of the Royal Palace, is a modern hotel housed in a stately building which is characterized by an unbeatable quality / price ratio. You will not have to spend a fortune to grab one of its elegant rooms, tastefully furnished and with attention to the smallest details; some enjoy a splendid view of the Royal Palace, the Almudena Cathedral and the Sabatini Gardens.
- Hostal Alexis Madrid: the romantic suite with round bed is the ideal setting for a holiday for two full of unforgettable moments, day and night. This is definitely the most original, but all the rooms are characterized by successful color combinations that immediately refer to love and passion, such as white and red or aubergine and beige, without ever being banal or vulgar.
- Hotel Orfila: a very luxurious 5-star hotel recommended for couples who want an exclusive experience and first-class service. This fairytale hotel furnished with period furniture is located in a prestigious residential area that will guarantee you privacy and tranquility, while the subway just 700 meters away will allow you to move around easily. Give yourself a unique gift that will make you feel like a prince and a princess.
Luxury hotel in Madrid
Luxury in Madrid is at home, and not just for the Spanish monarchs! You too can experience a night like a king and queen by staying in one of the many 4 or 5 star hotel in Madrid.
Some are located in historic buildings, others are characterized by an original contemporary design furniture but all share the very high level of service, the numerous comforts and the exclusive atmosphere.
There are no shortage of them luxury hotel in the center, but many high-end hotels are located in less touristy areas, usually in exclusive residential areas away from traffic and noise.
Recommended luxury accommodations
- Dear Hotel Madrid: This design boutique hotel in the city center is the right choice for you if you dream of admiring Madrid from a rooftop swimming pool! Spectacular panoramic views can also be enjoyed from the panoramic terrace or from the Nice to Meet You Restaurant & Lounge on the fourth floor, where a rich breakfast is served; if you also want to dine you can enjoy refined contemporary dishes.
- Gran Melia Fenix: a sumptuous decor is the peculiarity of this 5-star hotel of a thousand and one nights in the Salamanca district, the luxury shopping area, close to prestigious residential areas where you can admire some of the most beautiful buildings in Madrid. For an exclusive stay, choose the Grand Premium room with private balcony and whirlpool bath.
- Hotel Urban: a 5-star hotel that combines luxury and originality, characterized by special lighting, the use of materials such as stone and natural wood and a permanent exhibition of works of art from Papua New Guinea. It has a small rooftop pool, gym and Turkish bath. Don't miss the glass lobby bar.
Cheap hotels in Madrid
Madrid is not an expensive capital, but if you are planning a low cost holiday, booking a mid / low category hotel or a hostel can help you keep your budget under control.
Can be found cheap hotels in the center of Madrid, but as in many cities, when you move away from the center, prices drop. La Latina it is a good area to look for a budget hotel: outside the center, it is well connected by public transport, has interesting attractions that you can visit without moving and costs much less than the central districts.
An area recommended for young travelers is that of Malasana, famous for its alternative atmosphere and the presence of many clubs.
Recommended budget accommodations
- Hostal Go Inn Madrid: it's amazing how this fantastic hotel can cost so little! Conveniently located on Gran Via, in the heart of Madrid, it is ideal for those who want to explore the city on foot. Some rooms overlook a lovely and quiet internal courtyard, while others have a view of the city.
- Hostal Rober: colorful family-run hotel, offers simple rooms with private bathroom. Clean and centrally located, it is recommended for those looking for a budget hotel that is clean and comfortable, without too many frills.
- Ok Hostel Madrid: in addition to mixed or female dorms with 4 or 6 beds, this modern hostel in the center of Madrid has double rooms equipped with all comforts: private bathroom, air conditioning, flat screen TV and free wifi. It is the ideal solution for those who want a low cost holiday without sacrificing privacy and cleanliness. To save even more you can take advantage of the hostel's kitchen, limiting the meals to be consumed in the restaurant or bar.